Monday, February 5, 2007

of all things amusing

I've been here for about six months now .. so i thought I'll put down some of the things i found amusing - amusing because they are new to me , or that i had expected them to be different out here .. or whatever !
So , what tops the list here is the automatic stappler machine . I've never seen anything like this back home ! u just place the sheets of paper & zap it gets stappled . The first time i used it i was almost scared by it .. as if it were some moster that would bite me ;)
Then there is the concept that u got to do everyhting urself at the gas station ( i.e petrol bunk in our lang ) . I've always liked petrol .. i mean the smell of it . Maybe thats why i find it good to do everything myself at the gas station .. i unhook the pipe nozzle system off the dispenser .. i key in the figures ..
After two good ones , lets talk abt something that is amusing in a sad way ... I'm pretty much used to internet banking , ATM ,etc.. so much so that the bank starts with Mozilla and ends at the ATM for me ! You would be astonished with the level of tech advancemnt atleast int he banking sector here .. the ATMs have a pathetic interface ( i cursed the SBI's ATM interface in India ... SBI is atleast a zillion times better than this !) . E- banking seems to be jkust another facility , even if i want to tranfer finds from one acct to another within the same bank . same branch , i need to go to the bank for that !
So far i've only talked abt "objects" I've found amusing ... in the next post i'l try to talk abt people ( indians as well as non indians ) ..

10 comments:

rama srinivasan said...

hey u didn't get ur hand stapled? that would have been amusing

Shankar said...

have u actually seen one of those machines ? it is scary to use them ! i can't imagine what would happen to my finger !!

Shankar said...

it's like this black moster with a huge mouth and iron ( or steel or whatever ) teeth .. ready to bite anything u give it ;)

rama srinivasan said...

ouch i will stay away if i see one

Vinayakaram Gururajan said...

mr no-v-ice,
of all the things amusing,
one thing that amused me is u writing this kinda post.

jus kiddin ...
keep it coming dude ...
visit http://vramji.blogspot.com.

VRam.

Shankar said...

Hey ! here is an unexpected visitor :) .. it's a kind of tricky da .. i myself find it amusing that i am blogging & I'm blogging because it is amusing ;)

Eye of Tiger said...

i am thankful that India does not have self service at gas stations as u call them.. i dont like the smell, and knowing me i would have probably set fire to my car and the station. And thanks for the warning on automatic stalers, i'll also stay away from them.

Eye of Tiger said...

that was staplers in the above comment

rama srinivasan said...

afterthought: the oil US is acquiring by exploiting iraq n other countries in reaching the hands of the citizens quite literally

Shankar said...

nice one :)